List 10 People Who Have Influenced You and Describe How.
- The first influential person in my life was my father, he worked very hard and smart and instilled in me the need to work smart and not hard, to do the best I can in any situation and to not quit anything that I start. He raised me to always try and do the right thing, no matter how difficult the right decision is sometimes. He is generous and always told me if others need things more than I do, to let them have it. I see a lot of him in me.
- My uncle Stan who told me that math was important and helped me to understand it better by giving me poker chips to learn to add, I was about 5 or so, and I remember how much it did help me.
- Anita, maybe at 6 she wasn’t a good influence, but an influence nonetheless, she showed me independence, we did a lot of things together without our parents knowing, and she taught me how not to get caught and how to get away with things.
- Jennifer – my best friend’s, mom, she was one of the biggest influences in my life; she showed me what a family was, and accepted me into hers with open arms. She is a wonderful mother, friend, and cancer survivor; she has an inner strength that I admire.
- Janice – My ex’s aunt. She is a beautiful person, she also taught me about family and love. She would do anything for anyone, and still will, without any questions asked. She is still and forever will be my Aunt Janice.
- Jeffery – my son, my guardian angel. He gave me a reason to believe there is something beyond this earth. He gave me the opportunity to fully and unconditionally love him and his siblings and hold them close, he taught me that life is precious and that we need to value it and in an instant it can all be gone.
- Peter – my boss, the owner of a company I used to work for, he gave me my start in sales because he saw something in me. He, himself was a long time sales man, and he had a lot of experience, I learned a lot from him that I still use in my career today.
- Kelly, Ricardo, Sally, Nicole & Patti – These are those best friends, the ones that open their homes and their hearts, the ones that don’t give up on you when you are depressed, the ones that are in 100% of the time, the ones that show you how loved you really are. I am blessed to have so many friends in my life, but these ones, they are the best of the best and they make my life worth living.
- Jessica – my daughter, she was the one that made me a mother. She has the best sense of humour, she is an amazing person with an innate love for music, she has taught me more than any one person in my life so far. I am grateful for her existence, and will continue learning from her. She is my rock.
- Devin – my son, he is the love of my life. He is always showing me how to try, if it’s a new food, he tries it, if it’s a new sport, game or activity, he tries it. A new carnival ride, a new to him carnival ride, a scary ride…he’ll try it. Also, striving to work hard, he went from being a grade level behind in reading to being at the end of his grade level. He completed all 10 levels of Red Cross swimming, at the age of 9. He has started guitar, he doesn’t have a passion for it yet, but he practices every day, and never complains about his lesson.